- Use this page to discuss design and content changes to the main page. For general wiki discussion, please visit the Community Portal or Forums.
Pages that need to be written?
You could ask the wiki software for suggestions:
- Pages that aren't used by any other article
- Pages that are probably too short
- Pages that are mentioned but aren't written yet
- Pages that are marked as incomplete by the author
I've been holding off on doing more than cosmetic work on the Wiki until Tukkun makes the final update (presumably happening sometime soon), just because it's a pain to change everything any time an update comes out. With that said...
- the FCG pages are largely incomplete
- much of the BA information ranges from wrong to poorly explained, and it might be better to split it into several shorter pages
Those are presumably where the most work is needed. Thanks to both of you for helping out - I'm the administrator for the wiki, so let me know if you need anything done (pages renamed/deleted/etc.).
- Thanks, Mozai - I couldn't find any links to Special Pages. BuddyPharaoh (talk) 01:35, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
New Front Page (Jan 10 2013)
Needed something to replace what was there. Not everyone is savvy enough with using mediawiki to know where to find things without a menu of options. I used the list of features from the game's "World" menu, plus the buttons for features that are at the bottom. Maybe should add 'ants' or 'spray' below 'Coming Soon' --Mozai (talk) 17:13, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
- I like the World Map, Mozai. One thing though - aren't the last few things (Achievements on) really just general articles? BuddyPharaoh (talk) 03:01, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Good point. I can make an "Other Features" box, since those really should be included on the front page for easy access. Uroogla (talk) 03:04, January 11, 2013 (UTC)
I got tired of writing "blue coins", "green coins", etc. all the time when writing currency amounts, so I added templates. Examples:
I completely rewrote Awesome Adventures using these (it needed drastic correction anyway), so you can see what a whole article looks like. Check the templates themselves for the image files. They're just 13x13 shrunk versions of the coin icons. I'm not 100% satisfied with them, so if someone wants to replace them with a better-looking version, be my guest. BuddyPharaoh (talk) 02:02, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
I really like these; is there any way to get the template to link to the corresponding page on the coin type rather than to the uploaded .png? No one should have trouble identifying what these are, but chat is bombarded with questions on how to get each type. Thanks! Uroogla (talk) 05:04, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
I wondered that myself. It's what I originally wanted, but I couldn't see any obvious way, using the image notation, and was hoping someone else might know how to do it. I'll keep an eye out. BuddyPharaoh (talk) 19:22, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
...Figured it out; the markup needed a link attribute, like this: [[File:blah.png|link=Blah]]. Note that the link can be external as well. Also, the templates previously read "Image:blah.png" and apparently "Image" is a legacy tag; "File" is the correct usage. All three coin templates are fixed. BuddyPharaoh (talk) 22:21, January 18, 2013 (UTC)