Epic skills can be obtained by purchasing the Epic License. The Epic License may be purchased at level 1000 (3000 in hard Ascensions) for 1,337,000,000 (13,370,000,000 in hard Ascensions) in the Feature Shop page 2.
Once a player purchases the Epic License, he or she will be able to spend Yellow Coins on Epic Skills. There are currently 6 epic skills. By paying a one-time Yellow Coin fee, the player may level up an epic skill by 1. For each level the player has invested in an epic skill, there is a 1% chance that the epic skill will activate when you receive a progress reward. The maximum level for each epic skill is between 10 and 30, though the maximum levels for each skill can be increased by 2,3 and 5 with a permanent ascension perk.
Note that each skill starts at level 0, meaning that purchasing the Epic License itself does not grant you any bonuses.
List of Epic Skills
Note: The black triangle with the question mark does not represent an unlockable epic skill.
- Double Progress
For each level put in this skill, there is a 1% chance that, when you collect a progress reward, the progress bar will automatically fill again. This extra progress may activate any (or all) of your epic skills.
- Boost Charger
For each level put in this skill, there is a 1% chance that, when you collect a progress reward, you will receive 2% Boost.
- Money Mastery
- Pixel Bonus
For each level put in this skill, there is a 1% chance that, when you collect a progress reward, you will receive 20000 Pixels for the Battle Arena.
- Battery Charger
For each level put in this skill, there is a 1% chance that, when you collect a progress reward, you will receive 2 battery charges for the Money Printer.
- Epic Adventurer
For each level put in this skill, there is a 1% chance that, when you collect a progress reward, the counter to receive Awesome Adventures energy will decrease by 3 seconds.
Cost of Epic Skills
All costs are in Yellow Coins. Costs in bold require the permanent ascension perk increasing maximum epic skills levels by 2.
|Level||Double Progress||Boost Charger||Money Mastery||Pixel Bonus||Battery Charger||Epic Adventurer|
- Epic skills cost 36,877,500,000 to completely maximize without the permanent ascension perk and 44,012,500,000 to completely maximize them with the perk.
- The Yellow Coins from the Money Mastery skill are negligible. The Green Coins are more substantial.
- Because the percentage chance of each skill increase linearly with the skill's level, it may seem that increasing a skill from level 24 to 25 is just as beneficial or even better than increasing from level 2 to level 3, but this this is not true. The former increases the average rate of skill activation from one out of every 4.17 progresses to one out of 4 progresses exactly, while the latter increases it from one out of every 50 progresses to one out of 33.33. Therefore, a common strategy is to put one or two levels in each skill before maxing Double Progress, since Double Progress can itself activate epic skills.
- Because Double Progress is self-activating—that is, any insta-progress gained from the skill also has a chance to activate an additional insta-progress, which can itself spawn further progresses in a continuous process ad infinitum—the Double Progress percent chance of activating can be modeled by a geometric series. In this manner, the true percent chance is given by:
- where r is the level of the Double Progress skill. At max level without Ascension perks, the 30% chance of activation is really ~43%. At level 32, it is 47%.
- There are two trains of thought concerning when to purchase Epic Skills:
- One is to wait until the player has unlocked all 50 garden plots, as the garden is a much better source of income than epic skills and Randomfruit can be stockpiled earlier to feed the Pet.
- The other is to puchase the epic license after unlocking Another Garden and putting 1 rank in each skill before alternating the purchases of garden plots and levels in Double Progress. This allows for an earlier chance to reap the benefits of Epic Skills while still acknowledging the benefits of garden plots.