Ascension is the action of resetting your level to 1 (and, depending on the difficulty, adding additional penalties for that ascension) in exchange for bonuses, perks, and leaderboard scores. Past level 9001, Ascension is the only way to progress further in terms of overall level (as each Ascension counts as 10,000 levels).
How to Ascend
- Be Level 9000 or 9001 and Battle Arena Rank 200.
- Feed the Dragon of Wisdom at least 200 times on the day you are Ascending.
- Click on the Sword of Ascendant in the Dragon of Wisdom screen.
- Go to Ye Olde Pub and equip the Sword of Ascendant.
- Kill The Ascendant.
- Choose the next Ascension Difficulty (restricted to Medium only for the first 5 Ascensions.)
Note that there is no death penalty when facing The Ascendant; the player will not lose Battle Arena Exp or Rings.
There are 3 different difficulties: Medium, Hard and Impossible. Hard and Impossible Ascensions are unlocked when the player completes 5 Medium Ascensions.
Depending on the Ascension Difficulty, some resources may be stored until level 9000 and some Features may be locked until the player rebuys them.
Medium Ascensions apply the following penalties to the game:
- The player's level is reset to 1.
For the first 5 Ascensions, the player is restricted to Medium Ascensions only.
Hard Ascensions apply the Medium penalty, plus the following penalties:
- The EXP requirement per level is doubled.
- All purchases from the Feature Shop are locked and must be rebought (they are unlocked for free at level 8999).
- All Coins, Green Coins, and Blue Coins from before the Ascension are "banked" or stored until level 8999.
- Boost is reset to 100%.
- Max Boost is reset to 500%. This only applies to Max Boost Upgrade - your true Max Boost when starting a Hard Ascension will be 500% (upgrades) + 500% (ascension bonus) + Dragon Boost.
- The Progress Bar fills at 90% of the original rate until level 8999.
- The cost of Epic Skills is raised to 13,370,000,000 , and the level requirement is increased to 3000.
- Eating Randomfruit fills the Fullness bar twice as fast as Medium until level 8999.
- Randomfruit Fullness decreases 2.5x more slowly than Medium until level 8999.
- In Battle Arena, damage and hit chance penalties from being lower-levelled than the monster you are fighting are doubled.
- An EXP-by-feature multiplier is added. Different features give 0.9x to 1.1x EXP depending on how much EXP it has given relative to the other features; less EXP this Ascension means higher multiplier and vice versa.
Hard Ascensions award the player three Ascension Points, one Medium Perk Point, and one Hard Perk Point at the beginning of the Ascension. During level 9001, EXP rate is increased by 15%.
Impossible ascensions apply the Hard penalties, plus the following penalties:
- The EXP requirement per level is doubled again.
- Max Boost can only be upgraded to 1200%, not including the 500% awarded by Ascension Points and Dragon Boost.
- The Progress Bar fills at 80% of the original rate until level 8999.
- Eating Randomfruit fills the Fullness bar five times as fast as Medium until level 8999.
- Randomfruit Fullness decreases 10x more slowly than Medium until level 8999.
- The Battle Arena lower-level penalties are tripled instead of doubled. The defense penalties for being lower-levelled than the monster is doubled.
- An additional damage penalty is added based on level. The penalty decreases linearly until level 8999, where it is removed.
- The EXP-by-feature multiplier limits are widened to 0.8x to 1.2x.
- After using 1000 Energy Refills in Awesome Adventures, a refill cooldown is added. Using a refill increases a counter by 30, and you cannot use refills when this counter is over 600. The counter descreases by 1 per second.
- Progress Box usage is limited similar to energy refills, but the counter is incremented differently:
- 0~499 progress boxes opened: +0
- 500~2500 boxes opened: +2
- 2500~10000 boxes opened: +10
- 10000+ boxes opened: +60
- You cannot open the Dark Pyramid entry screen until level 1500.
- You cannot open the Mystery Boxes screen until level 2000.
- You cannot open the Business screen until level 3000.
- You cannot open the Randomfruit screen until level 3000.
Impossible Ascensions award the player nine Ascension Points, one Medium Perk Point, one Hard Perk Point, and one Impossible Perk Point at the beginning of the Ascension. During level 9001 EXP rate is increased by 30%.
The Ascension Menu contains three tabs that provide information relevant to Ascension. The menu is only available after you have ascended at least once.
The Profile tab shows information about both your current Ascension progress and your Ascension history.
The upper half of the screen shows your current Ascension difficulty, the percentage of EXP you have relative to the EXP needed for level 9000, and the amount of time you have spent on the current ascension.
The lower half shows the number of times you've Ascended per difficulty, as well as your fastest time in each difficulty.
Ascension points are gained by ascending. You gain one point for Medium Ascensions, three points for Hard Ascensions, and nine points for Impossible Ascensions.
Both your remaining and total Ascension Points are shown in the Ascension Points tab. At the end of each month, the remaining Ascension Points you did not use to purchase additional EXP rate are converted to 10 White Coins each, and then your Ascension Points are refilled to the total you've earned during the lifetime of your savefile.
Increasing EXP rate
Ascension points can be spent to increase the EXP rate of the current Ascension by 5%.
- The first +5% upgrade costs 1 Ascension Point, the second costs 3, the third costs 6, the fourth costs 10, and so on.
- After 10 EXP rate purchases in an Ascension, this number is multiplied by the number of EXP rate purchases made this Ascension, minus 8. (10 purchases = 2x, 11 purchases = 3x, ...)
- In addition to the previous multiplier, if you have made 20 EXP rate purchases this Ascension, the cost is multiplied by 2x.
- In addition to the previous multipliers, if you have made 50 EXP rate purchases this Ascension, the cost is multiplied by 5x.
The EXP rate of the current Ascension can only be increased with Ascension Points 100 times for a total of +500% EXP rate. Increasing the EXP rate 100 times costs a grand total of 108,659,120 Ascension Points.
|Purchase #||Additional EXP rate||Cost (Ascension Points)||Total Cost|
There are 10 permanent bonuses you can gain by accumulating Ascension Points. They level up based on the total amount of Ascension Points you've gained (not how many you have remaining), and they do not require any purchase or activation.
The Ascension Point requirement per level stays the same for each subsequent level. For instance, a bonus that requires 10 Ascension Points per level and has 20 levels will be level 20 when you have 200 total Ascension Points.The 10 unlockable bonuses are:
- Ultimate Equipment
- Levels: 1
- Requirement per level: 150 Ascension Points
- Effect: Allows you to purchase the Ultimate Set from the Special Shop.
- First Ascensions
- Levels: 5
- Requirement per level: 1 Ascension Point
- Effect: +10% EXP rate and +100% Max Boost per level.
- Green Coin Increase
- Levels: 10
- Requirement per level: 5 Ascension Points
- Effect: +3% Green Coin gain per level.
- Quick Harvester
- Levels: 30
- Requirement per level: 10 Ascension Points
- Effect: (Garden) -1% harvest time per level.
- Blue Coin Printer
- Levels: 25
- Requirement per level: 20 Ascension Points
- Effect: (Money Printer) +4% chance to print 1 per print, per level.
- Accelerated Progress
- Levels: 20
- Requirement per level: 50 Ascension Points
- Effect: (Progress Bar) +1% Progress Bar speed per level.
- Career EXP UP!
- Levels: 20
- Requirement per level: 250 Ascension Points
- Effect: (Careers) +3% Career EXP gain per level.
- White Coin Master
- Levels: 20
- Requirement per level: 500 Ascension Points
- Effect: +5% chance to receive double the White Coins whenever White Coins are gained per level. (Does not apply to the 9000/9001 levelup rewards)
- Coin UP!
- Levels: 255
- Requirement per level: 200 Ascension Points
- Effect: +1% Coin gain per level.
- Levels: 255
- Requirement per level: 500 Ascension Points
- Effect: (Boost) +1 seconds of freeze duration when using potions, and +1% EXP gain from Progress bar while boost is frozen per level.
Permanent perk points can be used to unlock permanent perks that will be active in every ascension. There are 36 perks; 20 are Medium Perks, 12 are Hard Perks, and 4 are Impossible Perks. Initially, only the perks starting in the three corners of the perk tree are available for purchase, but more perks are unlocked as adjacent perks are purchased.
Each perk has 3 tiers, and all perks of one tier must be purchased before starting on the next. Tier 2 perks cost three times more than Tier 1 perks, and Tier 3 perks cost 16x as much as Tier 1 perks.
Perks are purchased with Permanent Perk Points associated with their difficulty. Generally, perks cost more Perk Points as they are more horizontally centered or vertically higher. To purchase a perk once it is unlocked, click on its associated triangle icon.
To purchase all Tier 1 perks, the player must have a minimum of 10 Impossible Ascensions, 15 Hard Ascensions, and 25 Medium Ascensions (to afford the total costs of 10, 25, and 50 I/H/M Perk Points). For Tier 2, the required total Ascensions are 40/60/100, and for Tier 3, they are 200/300/500, respectively.
|Perk||Unlocked by & Unlocks||Cost (Perk Points, Tier 1/2/3)||Effect (Tier 1/2/3)|
|#1||default, #3||5/15/80 Impossible||Nothing (besides being required to unlock Tier 2/3/-- perks)|
|#2||#3, #6||1/3/16 Impossible|| +400/+600/+1000 Green Coins per Progress Bar Reward|
3x/4x/6x Blue Coin reward chance from Progress Bar
|#3||#1, #2, #4||3/9/48 Impossible||+2/+3/+5 max Epic Skill upgrades|
|#4||#3, #8||1/3/16 Impossible||+80%/+120%/+200% Coins per Money Printer print|
|#5||#6, #11||2/6/32 Hard||Lolmarket Demand Control's cooldown is now 5/4/2 minutes|
|#6||#2, #5, #7||3/9/48 Hard||+80%/+120%/+200% EXP gain from Fishing Perfect Catches|
|#7||#6, #8, #13||4/12/64 Hard||-20%/-30%/-50% Pet feed costs|
|#8||#4, #7, #9||3/9/48 Hard||Gain EXP equal to 4%/6%/10% Coin gain|
|#9||#8, #15||2/6/32 Hard||Maximum number of ants -8%/-12%/-20%|
|#10||#11, #18||1/3/16 Hard||Arcade EXP gain +80%/+120%/+200%|
|#11||#5, #10, #12||1/3/16 Hard||Battle Arena Coin, Green Coin, and Blue Coin loots are worth +40%/+60%/+100%|
|#12||#11, #13, #20||2/6/32 Hard||Awesome Adventure EXP gain +80%/+120%/+200%|
|#13||#7, #12, #14||3/9/48 Hard||Blessed careers now give 280%/320%/400% more Career EXP than unblessed|
|#14||#13, #15, #22||2/6/32 Hard||Randomfruit gain 3x/4x/6x|
|#15||#9, #14, #16||1/3/16 Hard|| Battle Arena Basic Attack power +80%/+120%/+200%|
Dark Ruler & CHAOS AURA damage +10%/+15%/+25%
|#16||#15, #24||1/3/16 Hard||Fishing idle catch chance +10%/+15%/+25%|
|#17||#18, #27||2/6/32 Medium||+20%/+30%/+50% EXP gain from Progress Bar while Idle Mode is OFF|
|#18||#10, #17, #19||2/6/32 Medium|| Button Machine EXCELLENT clicks have 50%/75%/100% chance to give 1 Purple Button|
PERFECT clicks have 0%/25%/100% chance to give 1 additional Purple Button
|#19||#18, #20, #29||3/9/48 Medium||Stadium EXP gain +80%/+120%/+200% (excludes Bet and Practice modes)|
|#20||#12, #19, #21||4/12/64 Medium||TukkunFCG EXP gain +80%/+120%/+200%|
|#21||#20, #22, #31||6/18/96 Medium||Random Quest reward 2x/3x/4x|
|#22||#14, #21, #23||4/12/64 Medium||-40/-60/-100 Fishing fatigue every 5 minutes|
|#23||#22, #24, #33||3/9/48 Medium||+5/+10/+15 Another Garden seed gain from breeding|
|#24||#16, #23, #25||2/6/32 Medium||Button Machine EXP gain +80%/+120%/+200%|
|#25||#24, #35||2/6/32 Medium||+4%/+6%/+10% EXP gain from Progress Bar while Idle Mode is ON|
|#26||default, #27||1/3/16 Medium||+20%/+30%/+50% Coin gain from Progress Bar while Idle Mode is OFF|
|#27||#17, #26, #28||1/3/16 Medium|| +40%/+60%/+100% Career bless duration|
+200/+300/+500 Career EXP when using Career Potions
|#28||#27, #29||2/6/32 Medium||Auto-Booster Boost gain +4%/+6%/+10%|
|#29||#19, #28, #30||2/6/32 Medium||Money Printer Critical Print chance 3x/4x/6x|
|#30||#29, #31||3/9/48 Medium||When catching a fish in Fishing, Skill level is treated as 2~4/3~5/4~6 levels higher|
|#31||#21, #30, #32||4/12/64 Medium||Progress Bar speed +10%/+15%/+25%|
|#32||#31, #33||3/9/48 Medium||Lolmarket sell price raised to 93%/95%/98% of buy price|
|#33||#23, #32, #34||2/6/32 Medium|| Garden trees last 20%/30%/50% longer|
Harvest value +20%/+30%/+50%
|#34||#33, #35||2/6/32 Medium||Ant appearance rate -20%/-30%/-50%|
|#35||#25, #34, #36||1/3/16 Medium||Battle Arena daily raid entries increased to 12/13/15|
|#36||default, #35||1/3/16 Medium||+4%/+6%/+10% Coin gain from Progress Bar while Idle Mode is OFF|